Friday 6 February 2009

Bubbleshare and Slideshare

This week I'll be exploring and comparing Bubbleshare and Slideshare.

Bubbleshare is very straightforward to use and ideal for photo sharing. I have used it before to build a fable storybook for a fables project we did a couple of years ago. Grade 2 students had read "The Lion and the Mouse" so we did a kind of simple acting out of the fable by creating still frames of the most important parts and took pictures of them. I then uploaded the photos and captioned them with a very simple retelling of the fable.

BubbleShare: Share photos - Find great Clip Art Images.


I also think a nice use is for showcasing students’ productions. I have used powerpoint for that before but Bubbleshare is another option if you want to blog it.

Slideshare, on the hand, I have never used. It looks more suitable for more active presentations including video and audio. I am sure, on more detailed exploration, I will find interesting ways to exploit its potential.

2 comments:

  1. These photos are precious! What a wonderful way to use Bubbleshare to recap a lesson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to take photos of the students acting out the story! Our kids also read that book and then act out the story (kids love acting everywhere) so I have included your blog in my posting about Bubbleshare so that my colleagues can see what a wonderful idea you had. Thanks for sharing your work and ideas with us.

    ReplyDelete